Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mind's Limit Found: 4 Things at Once

Mind's Limit Found: 4 Things at Once
I really liked this article, because I agree with the first part. I thought that seven items were too many for the working memory to hold, for me at least. My memory can't be THAT bad, but I don't think I even remember seven items if I'm not using a trick like rehearsal or chunking. This information was held true in many different experiments. In the colored blocks experiment there were color where subjects had to memorize the colored squares location. This is so no memory tricks were used. People were only able to remember three to four colored squares which proves this "four things at once" theory true. I also think that the correlation between problem solving skills and memory is very interesting. As problem solving skills improve memory does also.

No comments: